Survive the Wild Walkthroughs and Spoilers
Welcome to the Survive the Wild walkthroughs and spoilers page. Here you will find a myriad of how-to guides and tips for progressing in the game. The page has been laid out with the screen reader user in mind. Enjoy.
Requires: 2 clay
The pot is used for CARRYING DRINKING water, allowing your character to keep its thurst down.
Requires: 10 grass
String is used for making boats, bows and shields.
Requires: 1 branch and 1 string
The tied branch is used for making bows, crossbows and boats.
Requires: 2 tied branches
This item is used to make the bow.
Requires: 1 disfigured bow and the use of a knife
Congratulations! You have now made a bow.
The bow only holds a single arrow.
Requires: 1 broken bow and 1 tied branch
Hold these items in your hands and press "t" to combine them.
The crossbow holds five arrows but it takes longer to load than a conventional bow.
Requires: 1 branch and the use of a knife
Arrows can be loaded into the bow and crossbow. They are used to shoot animals and occasionally other players if both you and that player have "PK" enabled.
Requires: 2 wood
The precarious block is used in the assembly of the huge block.
Requires: 1 clay and 1 precarious block
The sticky block is used in the creation of the huge block.
Requires: 2 sticky blocks
The huge block is used in the assembly of the boat as well as for making walls.
Requires: 1 huge block and 1 wooden frame
This is the penultimate step in creating the boat.
Requires: 1 disfigured boat and the use of a knife
Congratulations! You have made a boat.
Requires: 1 wood and the use of a knife
This item is used to make shafts and planks.
Requires: 1 broken net and a frame
This item will allow you to catch more than 1 fish at a time.
Requires: 2 rabbit skins
Hold a rabbit skin in each hand and combine them by pressing "t".
Requires: 1 crinkled towel and 1 empty hand
Hold the crinkled towel in one hand and nothing in the other and press "t" to hold the towel in both hands.
Press the spacebar to make a towel.
Requires: 1 clay and 1 knife
Use the knife with the clay by holding them in your hands and pressin "t" to combine them.
Requires: 1 hammer head and 1 long shaft
Hold each item in your hands and combine by pressing "t".
Requires: 2 stones and the use of a knife
Combine the stones by pressing "t" then use the knife on the pointed stone to make the spear head.
Requires: 1 spear head and 1 long shaft
Requires: 2 carved wood
This item is used to build floors for structures such as houses that will be coded in later on.
Requires: 2 long shafts
Hold the shafts in your hands and press "t" to combine them.
Places of Note
The abandoned fishing village
The diner is located on the western side of the gravel composing the north road. It contains chairs and microwaves that will allow you to cook a greater amount of fish than normal.
The tavern is located on the eastern side of the gravel composing the north road. It is directly across from the diner.
Frequently Asked Questions
I created a character and now I'm unable to log in with that account. What happened?
One of two things may have happened with your character.
- Your character's name consisted of less than five letters so the game thought it was a spam character.
- You haven't logged into your free account within a month so it was purged.
Where can I find trash cans?
Trash cans can be found in the diner, gas station, general store and tavern within the fishing village. There are no other trash cans in the game as of yet.
What can I find in trash cans?
Trash cans contain mud, dirt, sand, pens, paper, balls, bullets, caps, revolvers, cigarettes, napkins, juice boxes and captured fish.
How can I buy things with STW points?
To buy an item, type /buy itemname amount, for example, /buy coins 20.
What can I buy with STW Points?
All possible items listed below.
- lance - 450 points
- arrow_gun - 225 points
- bike - 150 points
- survival_pack - 100 points
- lighter - 75 points
- umbrella - 60 points
- shield - 50 points
- bear_tooth_neckless - 45 points
- bandaids - 30 points
- antibiotic - 25 points
- battory - 20 points
- ball - 10 points
- lighter_fluid - 5 points
- pen - 5 points
- coins - 3 points
- medal_arrow - 2 points
- paper - 1 points
STW Upgrade Purchases
What are death-free cards and how do they work?
A death-free card is exactly what it sounds like. It allows you to escape dying within the game, allowing you to keep your inventory and stats like health and energy intact.
If I buy something like pop cans or gifts and I just happen to die, do I lose everything?
If you do not have a death-free card, this is an unfortunate "yes". Your corpse and all your items will be laying on the ground in the place where your character died. It is likely that you can retrieve these items if you are quick enough. Unfortunately, there are more people than not who enjoy looting items from player corpses so it is extremely unlikely that you will be able to retrieve all your lost items.
How to get through difficult places within the maps
How do I get down to the hidden lake in the Windy Wolf Forest?
- Find the portion of the map that is near the large hole in the ground
- Go to the northeast corner of the hole being careful that you use your camera to prevent taking a wrong step.
- Jump over the barrior and climb down as far as you can.
- Turn west and travel until you hit the other side of the hole.
- Climb further down until you can't climb anymore.
- Turn south and travel to the edge of the hole.
- Climb further down until you can't climb anymore.
- Turn east and travel to the edge of the hole.
- Climb down to the sand near the hidden lake.
Help! How do I get back up?
- Go to the southeast portion of the bottom of the large hole and climb up as far as you can.
- Turn west and travel to the other side of the hole.
- Climb up as far as you can and turn north.
- Travel to the other edge of the hole and climb up.
- Turn east and travel to the edge of the hole.
- Climb up and jump over the short barrior, finding yourself near the northeast corner of the hole in the ground.
How do I climb down the waterfall?
Follow the steps below, being sure to use your camera just to be safe:
- Go to the south side of Wolf river, being careful to position yourself on the slippery stone at the top of the waterfall
- Turn west and climb down 5 tiles
- Go to the extreme right and climb down 5 tiles
- go to the extreme left and climb down 3 tiles
- Go right 21 tiles and climb down 5
- Go to the extreme left and climb down 3 tiles
- Go to the extreme right and climb down 6 tiles to the lake at the bottom of the waterfall
How do I climb back up the waterfall?
Make sure you are in the lake under the waterfall and follow the steps below, being sure to use your camera just to be safe:
- Swim through the crack in the campground wall and surface within the lake at the bottom of the waterfall
- Go to the extreme south edge and turn west
- Walk forward until you are at the stone barrior and climb up 6 tiles
- Go to the extreme right side of the waterfall and climb up 5 tiles
- Go left 21 tiles and climb up 3
- Go to the extreme right and climb up 4 tiles
- Go to the extreme left and climb up 4 tiles
- Go to the extreme right and climb up 6 tiles
- You should now be at the south side of Wolf river
Where is this treehouse anyway?
It is in the northeast portion of the forest above the valley wall. Look for the unexpectedly shady part of the forest. The treehouse is being supported by four trees, each twenty tiles apart.
The canipy_search quest (located within the Arid Grassland)
Go to the arid grassland and find the spring in the northeast corner. In the middle of the spring there is a banana tree that is at least 45 tiles high. Climb this tree and you will be in a canipy approximately 11 tiles from north to south, 11 tiles from east to west and 2 tiles thick. The very large leaf will be somewhere within the canipy.
The wolf_mystory quest (in the Windy Wolf Forest)
- In the windy wolf forest spawns an item called wolfman corpse. Search for one and grab it
- When you have the corpse, accept the firstt quest.
- When done, go to the hidden lake in the northern valley wall (take a look at the how to get to the hidden lake guide above)
- When you r down in the lake, dive down to the bottom with pagedown. You will find oysters there, and a wolfskin coat. Take that. You are done with the first quest.
The golden_hon_highdout quest (Also within the Windy Wolf Forest)
- When in the lake, go to the north-western part of the wall. Walk a litle back and forth until u hear near the cave house.
- When you found the right place jump and go west.
- Go more west until u arrive in the cavehouse.
- When inside the cavehouse, turn yourself northwest and go to that point, until u can't go any further north or west.
- Now jump and you will find yourself within the hidden tunnel.
- Turn yourself north or west, doesn't matter witch u choose and walk threw the tunnel
Other hints and tips
Amusing Things to Try
- In the cavehouse of the ancient wolf people, you are able to cook food on the eternal fire
Animals (hunting and butchering)
- When hunting bears, make sure you have very high energy. You will be killed off easily otherwise.
- To help you easily Hunt wolves in the Windy wolf forest, there is a stone alcove cut into the northern valley wall that you can stand in and pick them off that way as they cannot walk on stone.
- If you want to butcher animals like wolves and bears, it's a good idea to make sure your knife has a low sharpness to prevent cutting yourself when finished.
Note, free accounts can only hold one hundred of any specific item.
- It is generally a good idea to keep cooked meat in skillets unless your hunger gets too high because you cannot put meat back in once it is taken out and skillets hold ten meat.
- You might want to keep your bags of items such as cups, flairs, string and weapons because they cannot be re-packaged once opened.
- If you must drink water, make sure to fill cups, pots or waterbottles and use those to drink from. Drinking by just pressing the spacebar on a body of water has a high chance of giving you the minthurst virus.
- It is safe to drink from the spring northeast of the mainland and from the spring in the northwest corner of the Windy Wolf Forest
- Combining a knife with a high sharpness level with your empty hand will cause you to cut yourself and lose a sizeable amount of health.
- Combining glass with your empty hand will cause you to cut yourself and lose a sizeable amount of health.
- Combining a battery with water will cause you to receive an electric shock and lose health.
- Pressing space on a fire if you have two empty hands will cause you to burn yourself and lose around five health per press.
- After climbing to the top of a high tree, it is a good idea to sit down to avoid accidentally pressing the arrow keys and falling to your death
Additional slash "/" commands not covered in the readme
- allitems - displays a rundown of in-game items such as animals, microwaves, vending machines and maps
- howmany <item name> - displays a general rundown of all items of that type that are in-game as well as being held by players (This feature was removed in the 0.92.7 patch)
- mute <personname> - mutes or unmutes the specified person
- mutelist - displays the people you are ignoring
- questaccept <questname> - lets you accept the specified quest
- questlist - displays various quests that you can complete
- Webpage written and edited by Jeff Rutkowski.
- The wolf_mystory and golden_hon_highdout quest instructions written by marro.
This is the end of the Survive the Wild guide.
Return to the main page.