'Links of interest'
My links page
Here are some links to other sites that I have found around the web.
Feel free to browse around.
Audio game related sites
- Audio Games by Cae Jones
- Audiogames.net - the internets go-to page for audio-only games
- BPC Programs - makers of 3d Velocity, Treasure Hunt and other titles
- Braillesoft - Games and utilities for the Freedom Scientific PacMate
- Draconis Entertainment - home of the Silver Dollar Saloon and other cross-platform titles
- Driftwood Games for the visually impaired featuring Entombed
- Eamon Deluxe - a text adventure game ported from the Apple 2E
- Ghorthalon's Dragon Apps.org - home of Dragon Pong, March Massacre and other titles
- GMA Games - makers of Lone Wolf, Shades of Doom, and many other titles
- Jeremy Kaldobsky's audio games page featuring titles such as Swamp, Dog Who Hates Toast and other titles
- Kitchens Inc Games - Jim Kitchen's little corner of the web featuring many free titles such as Trucker, Monopoly and the Mach One car racing game
- Quentin C's Playroom - makers of Farkle, Yahtzee and other titles
- RS Games - makers of the free, cross-platform game client featuring titles like Monopoly, Bingo, Farkle and Pig
- Spoonbill Games featuring many renditions of solitaire and other titles
- VIP Games Zone - makers of Super Tennis, Beach Vollyball, Keyboard Crazy and other titles
Blindness Related Technology
Contests and Drawings
- BlackNote - has a drawing that awards winners up to sixty dollars for submitting a story about their reasons for quitting smoking
How-to-geek Article Pages
- 20 Home Modifications for People with Vision Loss
- A Beginner's Guide to HAM Radio - expounds on the benefits of ham radio, early history, types of ham radio, and licensing among other topics.
- A guide that compares various financing options available for senior home modifications
- Addiction Group - an organization that helps individuals suffering from substance abuse and prevents new cases through credible information and spreading awareness to as many as they can reach.
- Addiction Resource - offering information on how to beat addiction
- AlcoRehab - offers advice on how to beat alcoholism
- Alcohol Rehab Help - informational web guide created for people struggling with alcohol use disorders (AUD) and co-occurring mental health disorders.
- AllAboutVision.com's guide to internet resources - features many guides internet accessibility including free software and tips on making wbsited accessible.
- Ark Behavioral Health - An organization with the goal of using a whole-patient approach built on a foundation of integrity, transparency, and compassion. Each of there facilities are centered around individualized patient care with an emphasis on long-term recovery to empower those with sense of purpose and joy.
- Autism and Sleep
- Award-Winning Ideas To Save Energy At Home
- Bathroom remodeling for seniors
- Better Sleep for Seniors - a comprehensive guide
- Contrast and Color
- Coping with sensory overload - discusses sensory overload and provides tips on how to manage it.
- Creating Accessible Kitchens for the Visually Impaired
- Creating a more sustainable Home - tips covering techniques on how to save energy throughout one's home
- Delphi Behavioral Health Group - an organization dedicated to assisting individuals in overcoming addiction.
- Disability Friendly - creating mobility solutions and assistive devices to help those with disabilities.
- EE Power a digital publication focused on the power electronics industry featuring technical articles, design tips, and application notes from the industry’s leading power electronics engineers and application experts.
- Electronics Point - an online community that provides useful resources for Electrical Engineers
- Financial Assistance for Single Mothers - helps financially struggling single mothers with finding grants and government assistance programs.
- Financial Strategies for the Loved Ones of Problem Gamblers
- Guide to Room-by-Room Repairs for Easy Accessibility for Disabled Loved Ones
- Helping Your Child with Autism Sleep
- How long does it take to sober up from alcohol? - a blog post attempts to answer the question
- How to Make a Bedroom Accessible for Disabilities
- Hyperopia (Farsightedness) - explains the condition and provides causes symptoms and recommends treatments
- In-Depth Guide to Hearing Loss - covers preventative tips, common causes, treatments, and much more.
- Maker Pro - is an active, open source platform for maker projects much like Hack A Day. These projects are centered around Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Intel Edison, home automation and more. And better yet, the content is completely user generated.
- Mattress Advisor's Guide to Sleep After Trauma
- NVision Center's Internet Accessibility Guide - provides a practical, clear overview of features like screen readers and text adjustments.
- SingleCare’s guide on medication management for children with ADHD
- Sleep Deprivation and ADHD
- Smoking Among College Students - an article sponsored by Maryville University
- The Birth Injury Justice Center - a is dedicated to supporting anyone who has been affected by birth injuries, brain injuries, cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy, and other developmental disabilities.
- The best VPNs for DD-WRT routers and how to set up OpenVPN on DD-WRT
- Using Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) - a resource that sheds light on the fact that the FMLA can be used to get addicts the help they need through rehabilitation services.
- Vaping and its health effects
- Vision Center - an informational web guide created for those seeking eye surgery and other vision correction options.
- Vision Resources - an informational web guide created for those seeking eye surgery and other vision correction options.* AllAboutCircuits is an extremely active electrical engineering online community that provides both interesting content and useful resources for Electrical Engineers.
- What Are Alcohol Shakes (Tremors)? - another blog post attempts to explain the effects of withdrawal from alcohol
- Where to get cheap eye exams and glasses - a page brought to you by Vision Center that provides tips and resources on obtaining cheap eye exams and glasses
- Wise Bread - Personal Finance and Frugal Living Forums
- WiseGeek - Clear answers for common questions
- 7zip, a free file archival tool for Windows and Linux
- AddBlock Plus - a free Firefox add-on that stops annoying pop-ups
- AkelPad - a free text editor for Windows
- Auslogics Software - home of Defragler, Speed Boost and other products
- AutoHotkey - a free program allowing you to create your own shortcut keys for performing tasks on a windows machine
- Bearware - home of TeamTalk, a free voice chatting system for mac, linux and Windows
- Bittorrent Sync - a free alternative to Dropbox
- Blio - a free, accessible Ebook reader
- CD Burner XP - a free disc burning utility for Windows
- CDex - a free CD audio extracter
- CPUID - home of CPUZ, a free computer hardware diagnostic tool
- DDWRT - a free, feature-packed router firmware alternative
- Dimio's Tools - home of DSpeech, DTask Manager and other titles
- Eurosoft - home of Calendar Magic among other free software titles
- EchoLink - a free PC-based HAM Radio alternative
- HFS - a free, easy-to-use HTTP server for your computer
- Fideliphone - a free, high quality peer-to-peer voice chatting system
- File Hippo - home of the free software update checker
- FileZilla - a free FTP solution created by Mozilla
- Foobar 2000 - a free and feature-packed media player
- Firefox - the free web browser created by Mozilla
- Free Download Manager - Completely free download manager and accelerator
- Free Video Soft - home of many free programs including Youtube downloaders and audio/video converters
- Jarte - a free word processor based on Microsoft's Wordpad engine
- Growl for Windows - a free notification center and manager
- InstantBird - a free online chat client built from the Mozilla Suite
Radio Related Sites
- Amazon.com - the world's largest online shopping mall
- AmbuTech - sellers of mobility canes for the blind
- American Printing House for the Blind - Sellers of the Book Port Plus, the Orion ti84+ Talking Calculator and many other blindness-related products
- Berry Coffee - Re-sellers of bulk coffee and other products
- Big Finish Productions - creators of audio books including Stargate and Dr. Who
- Cables 2 Go - Sellers of cheap audio/video and computer cables
- Candy Warehouse - sellers of bulk candy
- Capella - makers of flavor drops
- CareTek - resellers of the Zeitgeist talking time machine
- Dynamic Living - sellers of products for people with disabilities
- Everbuying.com - sellers of cheap electronics made in China
- Executive Products - sellers of many leather carrying cases for blindness-related products
- Fizz Giz - the number one soda maker in the USA
- Flashrouters.com - sellers of DDWRT-based routers for home and business use
- Future Aids - The Braille Superstore
- Galcos Old World Grocery - sellers of many types of sodas
- Gertrude Hawk - makers of premium chocolates
- Gloria Jean's - makers of premium coffees
- Grandpa Brands - makers of the original pine tar soap
- Graphic Audio - makers of professionally created audio dramas including westerns, science fiction and others
- Hometown Favorites - sellers of nostalgic candy and other products
- Independent Living Aids - a seller of many products that promote independence
- Kirk's Natural - makers of Kirk's castile soap
- Marland Products for the visually impaired
- Maxi Aids - sellers of many products for people with disabilities
- MISUMI USA - Seller of mechanical components and over 16,000,000 configurable products
- Mouser Electronics - distributors of electronic components for the technitions among us
- National Federation of the Blind Online store - sellers of products for the blind
- Nuts.com - sellers of candy, nuts, coffees and cooking products
- Odin Mobile Cell Phones - makers of the Odin VI talking cell phone for the blind
- Online Components - a seller of over 350,000 electronic components for technicians around the world
- Sam's Club - buy items in bulk either in-store or online
- Schwan's - sellers of premium ice cream and other products
- Shepherd's Choice - makers of specialty yarn as well as all natural personal and cleaning products
- Smokes & Spirits - sellers of cheap cigarettes, cigars, chewing Tobacco and other related products
- Sodastream - a device that allows you to create your own soda
- Speak to Me Products - sellers of many talking products
- Sprecher Brewery online gift shop - sellers of their famous root beer and other memorabilia
- StarchTek Inc. - makers of bio-degradable packing peanuts
- The Audio Dart Master - an accessible audio dart board
- The Ginger People - makers of food and candy containing ginger
- The Sound Professionals - sellers of high-end audio equipment
- ThinkGeek - Stuff for Smart Masses
- This is Why I'm Broke - the internet's mall
- Triumph Technology - resellers of many blindness-related products including notetakers, screen readers and mobile solutions
- USB Geek - sellers of many USB Devices
- ZaReason - sellers of pre-made Linux desktops and laptops
- Zbattery - suppliers of bulk batteries for all devices
Last update: Saturday, July 27, 2019.
return to the main page.